Please note that you will need an Administrator profile or similar ID with Administrator rights access to install eMIMS. If you are unsure of your Windows login account please contact your internal IT/system administrator.
Aside from the Administrator account, you will need to set the User Account Control (UAC) Settings to “Never Notify” as shown below. You’ll find the UAC settings by clicking Start -> Control Panel -> User Accounts -> User Accounts -> Change User Account Control Settings
To save the new setting, click on “OK” then restart the computer.
Please refer to the instructions below should the UAC settings still doesn’t help:
This may be a Desktop shortcut issue, click here to check
If you use eMIMS via FRED, please follow the steps below:
- Ensure that eMIMS is not being used by anyone else before proceeding to the next step.
- From the Fred Comm (Main) server, go to Start menu, click Run, type cmd and click ok.
- On the command window, type del c:\eMIMS\eMIMS\eMIMSlnk.exe and hit the Enter key.
Note: If you have installed eMIMS Server image other than C:\eMIMS, then navigate to the location where you installed the eMIMS Server Image and go to folder eMIMS – eMIMS and delete eMIMSlnk.exe.
Otherwise, try the following:
- eMIMS Username and CD Key are included in the CD packaging.
- Username is case sensitive
- You need to include the hash “-” when entering the CD key
- Ensure that you use the correct CD key with the correct CD release (ie: December CD key on the December CD)
If still an issue, reinstall eMIMS
Otherwise, call Customer Service on 1800 800 629